Stripped - Session 5

I have actually known Kristen a little longer than most of my 2015 senior models.  For many years, Kristen and her sister Kelsey were known to me as "Kristen and Kelsey - our favorite babysitters" by my younger cousins, Sam and Allison.  I had met Kristen and Kelsey a few times, but I didn't really get to know them until they became models for my studio.

When Kristen came in for this session, we sat and talked for a little over an hour.  Topics that were talked about were her most memorable moments and most embarrassing moments to her fears and biggest dreams for the future.  As we talked, I realized what a special person I was sitting in front of and I can't wait to see what she does when she is in college and beyond.  Last year, Kristen pledge to not use the "R-word" a national movement of educating people about how hurtful it is to use the word retarded.  She not only took the pledge herself, but helped others pledge by bringing the movement into her high school.

We also laughed during her session.  A lot.  She told me stories about her friends, her family and her twin sister who she not only shares a bedroom at home with, but plans to share a dorm room with next fall at The University of Nebraska - Kearney.

Though we sat down together a few weeks ago, I will never forget one thing that Kristen told me.  As we talked about the future she expressed that whatever she decides to do, it isn't about the money. She understands that yes, we need money to survive, but she wants to wake up and be excited about going to work and the life she chooses to live.  She knows that whatever she does it will involve helping others.  I told you she was special.

This is Kristen; Stripped:






































Thanks for sharing with me Kristen.  I cannot wait to see what you do with your future!

Comments

Popular Posts