An interview with Chris Chalk



Kateri Hartman
There's more to Kate than just photography.

Once upon a time she was a professional stage manager, and met all of these cool people in the industry. As an intern for Kate, I've had the opportunity to interview people such as the makeup artist for Orange Is The New Black, an actor on Gotham, and an actress on Good Luck Charlie. Below is my interview with actor Chris Chalk!



1) What did you want to be as a kid? 
As a kid, I did a lot of acting in community theatre and school but I daydreamed about being a truck driver and/or an astronaut.

2) Are you that now? If not, why not?
I am neither a truck driver nor an astronaut but I will likely play one on TV or in a movie one day.

3) What would you do if you were not an actor? 
If I weren't an actor, I would do whatever made me happy. Maybe directing, therapy - something that helps folks and deals with the human condition. 

4) What role were you in when receiving your SAG card? 
I think I received my SAG card doing a role on Recurring guest star role on Nurse Jackie. His name was EMT. (He didn't have a name. )I would just come on every few episodes and be an EMT.

5) What is your biggest accomplishment thus far? 
Being a part of an amazing family. Helping to raise my nephew and still managing to be fairly grounded, very happy and constantly evolving. 

6) What advice would you give someone who wants to be in the entertainment industry?
I'd advise anyone who wants to be in the entertainment industry that they find their passion and pursue it. I'd also say that a person should be specific about what they want to do, how they want to do it, where they want to do it etc etc. I'd say be as specific as possible. It is not enough to say I want to act for a living. Act in what? Where? How? How do you want to be perceived? How much money? Any awards? How about your family?  Specificity is key.

7) What's the best piece of advice you've gotten?
           Take nothing personally.

8) What is your favorite kind of music?
I like almost every kind of music. Currently I'm listening a lot to the Hamilton soundtrack.

9) Where did you grow up?
I grew up in ASHEVILLE , NC.

10) What was your favorite subject in school?
My favorite subject in high school was Chemistry. Mostly because the teacher was amazing. 

11) Who is your favorite actor/actress?
Chris Chalk is my favorite actor because I know him very well and can trust him with any thing. My favorite outside of myself to work with and to watch is my friend, Viola Davis.

12) What are your goals for the future 
To create a positive noticeable impact on this world through my work as and artist and my philanthropy.

 13) What makes you happy?
Living life on my own terms makes me very happy.

Chris is currently working on GOTHAM as Lucius Fox.  He can be seen in the upcoming WGN television show UNDERGROUND and the film COME AND FIND ME starring
 along side Aaron Paul.

Chris Chalk
Photo Credit: Jenny Tunberg

Comments

Popular Posts