Monday's Mix Tape

Wow...what an emotional weekend this has been for the country. Ten years ago we were changed forever, losing a little bit of our innocence.

Ten years ago on September 11th, 2001, my roommate Kristina woke me up and told me that a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center. Waking up to this news didn't sink in until about 20 minutes later when I turned on the tv and another plane had crashed into the second tower. I was 23 years old, living in Milwaukee, WI and desperately wanted to be back in Nebraska with my family. I didn't know what was going to happen to us, the country.

Four years later, I decided to take the leap that I had wanted to do since I visited in 1999...I moved to New York City. I was proud to be living in the greatest city in the world and to this day, am grateful for those three years spent there.

As many of you know, I love to go back to NYC every chance I get. I have been asked several times if I would ever move back and my answer to that is, "You never know."

I dedicate today's mix tape to the men and women who died on September 11th, 2001.

New York, New York


New York State Of Mind

Comments

Popular Posts