Stripped Session 6

Kateri chose to not wear makeup for her session last Thursday as she wanted this to be what the title of the project is; Stripped.  

We spoke for about an hour and fifteen minutes about her future, her past and her present.  I have now known Kateri for just a little over a year now, and there is a lot going on in that mind of hers.  As any 17 year old who is 8 days away from graduating high school (it was 8 days the day of her session) there is excitement, anxiety, and just plain fear.  As Kateri said, "this school, these friends, it's been my whole life."

As we spoke about her future, her leg bounced rapidly.  She has plans.  Actually, I feel like she has thought this through quite a lot even though she is still struggling a little with the plans she has made and with the plans she thought would be her future after high school.   

We dug a little into her past and with some bullying that she dealt with in her late middle school years and early high school years.  This has affected Kateri in more ways than I think people in our society want to believe.  She told me that because of this, she has issues with trust.  Trust.  That is a huge word.  That is a word that can define a person's outlook on many things.  I think the best part of knowing how the bullying affected her is that she is aware and can try to move past this as she approaches the next chapter in her life.  But I know, it will always be inside her which breaks my heart.  

Laughter was present during our session especially when we had a little chat about boys.  I learned the term "talking" which is something that this generation refers to when they text and snapchat.  I guess we are long past the days of actually talking on the phone for hours until your mom tells you to hang up.  

Though I have been around Kateri all year for model shoots and her senior session day, it was so nice to sit down and just get to know her even more.  I knew Kateri the lover of music, writing and anything T. Swift, but I am so glad I also got to know her on a little more of a deeper level.  

Kateri has so much to offer this world and whatever decisions that come to light in the next years, I know that she will put a stamp on it and make sure it shines.

This is Kateri stripped...  




























The camera is mounted on a tripod at a low shutter speed to capture movement.

Comments

Popular Posts