A Senior Session on a Nebraska Farm



It doesn't matter if I have photographed a senior at the same location each session takes on it's own life and the ENERGY of that person which makes each session unique. 

A few years ago, I was at this very farm photographing Aaron's big sister, Brittany.  I was actually super excited to see her pony when we arrived!  Aaron had one goal that evening...to get this session done quick!  He didn't want a lot of fuss with outfit changes or driving to different locations.  We walked the farm grounds and when I would see something I would give him direction in how I wanted him to pose. His session was only 1 hour and when I told him I could roam this farm for hours and not get bored I think he thought I was going to make him do that! Something that is super awesome about using a location that belongs to family is that it has a special meaning - this is his senior year and then look where he was for his senior pics!  
When you can find a location that has multiple areas just steps away is a gold mine in my opinion.  There isn't a bunch of time wasted in the car driving to and from different locations.  You are getting more images and your stress level is down which makes for a more relaxed session.  Now, if you can't find just one location that has everything that you want, adding another location is always easy, just choose locations that are fairly close.
Aaron included his girlfriend and also his new puppy in his senior pictures...which I heard his puppy is A LOT bigger now.  Though, he wasn't super thrilled about his senior session, Aaron was a good sport and kept a smile on his face...unless I told him not too. :) Now, to get him into my studio for some modeling sessions...



Comments

Popular Posts