A Nebraska Sunset Senior Session!



Amanda loves sunsets and she wanted one incorporated into her senior session back in June!

This summer has been brutally hot and the day of Amanda's senior session was probably the hottest and most humid that we have had.  I bet you can't tell though! :)  We started off in a abandon house on her families property in Raymond, Nebraska. If we had the time and there wasn't a gigantic bumble bee buzzing around, I could have spent more time photographing Amanda in that house.  It was super cool and right up my artistic alley!  I loved that it was something unique to Amanda as well - nobody else is going to have senior pics in this house, well except maybe her little siblings in a few years - I hope I'm the photographer!
Like a few of my seniors this year, Amanda and her mom scoped out locations for her session around her home.  The next spot we stopped at was Branched Oak to use a dock which I am pretty sure we chose the most rickety old dock that is at that lake. "Please don't fall in" Ashley said to me as she walked off the dock after fixing Amanda's hair.  Yeah, it was that bad.  Amanda walked, twirled, stood and laid on the dock like a pro and those were her favorite pics when she came in for her ordering session.
Finally, the main event, the images that Amanda explained to me in detail at her consultation - the sunset pics!  The small little park that we went to was PERFECT to catch the sunset and boy was it beautiful.  I had been nervous leading up to her session date thinking, what if we have clouds?  No clouds in sight and we just played!  I think these were Amanda's biggest and most real smiles that she beamed from ear to ear.  I showed her a few of the images from the back of my camera and she squealed in approval - I then squealed too as I always want to give my seniors what they have always dreamed their senior pics would look like.  
Amanda's makeup and hair was done professionally by Ashley Gaa - Professional Makeup Artist.  Ashley stays with us on location for any touch ups that are needed which is essential during Nebraska summer days!





Comments

Popular Posts