Ashland-Greenwood Senior!


I think this year I had the most senior guys in front of my camera than any other year.  For most, well let's face it, for pretty much all of my senior guys, they show up because mom said so.  In this case, I photographed Hayden's big sister a couple years ago.  I always love getting to see siblings in my studio and it was fun to have Riley come along. 
Photographing senior guys is always a fun challenge and when I say that, I mean it.  With girls, the sky is the limit on posing and locations as it is just more natural for a girl to lay in the grass or stand in a field of flowers.  Boys, again, really just want the session to be over. Ha!  Making sure you have a great location with many options for standing, sitting, leaning, etc is key.  But, trying out cool things with sport shots and lighting can always help make the senior guy feel like he is going to look good and he will be more comfortable in front of the camera.
Hayden was actually very comfortable the day of his session.  It might have helped that he had met me before and had been photographed by me during two family shoots prior.  This is why I always want to meet my seniors prior to photographing them - even if it's over Skype.  It just helps to get that first introduction out of the way and the day of your shoot, you feel like you already know me.


Comments

Popular Posts