A Nebraska Senior Session with Molly!



Molly is a 2019 senior at Bellevue East High School in Bellevue, Nebraska - just about 15 miles east of Omaha.  

I first met Molly when her mom had me photograph her for a teen session a couple of years ago.  This was an in studio session with hair and makeup provided - it's almost like a little taste of what a senior session will be like with me.  After photographing her I was thrilled that she wanted to be a #katedecostesenior!  
Molly had many ideas for her Nebraska session and since we would be using locations in Wahoo, I wanted her to tell me exactly what she was looking for.  We collaborated on a Pinterest board so that I could see what she liked.  For the most part, I am usually looking at locations - Molly chose mainly nature images which then I knew I wasn't going to take her to any downtown locations.  She had also pinned some pics with smoke sticks and flower crowns, so I asked her if she wanted those incorporated in her session.  She did. I let her mom know where to find the smoke sticks and I ordered her the flower crown at our local florist - Found & Flora.  We talked in length about her clothing choices for her session when we had her consultation over FaceTime a month prior to her session.  When she arrived the day of her session we went through her clothing one more time and showed Ashley - professional makeup artist her outfits so she knew what colors to use on Molly.  Once Ashley had Molly camera ready, we headed to the first location.
As you will see in the pics below, Molly transformed from one look into the other flawlessly.  This was possible due to the fact that we talk, emailed and pinned on Pinterest many times prior to her session.  This also was super easy and not stressful for Molly as Ashley was there to help her with makeup changes - especially powdering her due to the July heat and to place the flower crown exactly where she wanted with a quick hair change up too.
As a photographer, my favorite thing is to see how my seniors feel during their session.  My senior girls love having Ashley get them camera ready and keep them looking fresh with makeup touch ups and always making sure their hair is looking perfect.  The second best part of my job is when my seniors come in to see their images for the first time - their reactions are priceless - Molly's was no exception! 







Comments

Popular Posts