Mix Tape Mondays



So as I was thinking of today's mix tape, I thought about my weekend. I had an awesome shoot with Graysen Lovell on Saturday morning that the photograph above is from. Then Saturday night was a stormy one in Eastern Nebraska and since I couldn't sleep, I of course turned on the TV. Happily I came across, "Stand By Me". I know, I know, you are thinking...another movie soundtrack? Maybe next week, I will come up with something else. But, if you know me well at all, you understand my love of a good soundtrack.

I haven't seen this movie in years and I wasn't disappointed. The characters and the dialogue had me laughing and in some cases a little teary. I love that this movie represented friendship. I also love that this movie represented kids out exploring and using their imagination instead of sitting in front of the TV playing a video game. The four main characters were perfectly cast with Wil Wheaton, Corey Feldman, Jerry O'Connell and the late River Phoenix. Now what pre-teen or teenage girl didn't have a crush on River Phoenix? I believe I had a picture of him hanging on my wall next to Jordan Knight (from New Kids On The Block) that I ripped out of a Teen Beat magazine. :)

Now let's get to the tunes...the movie was set in the 50's, so of course the soundtrack has all the greats including Lollipop. Every time I hear that song, it brings me back to my middle school days when I was in a Trio that performed Lollipop. Thank goodness there is not a recording of that version, at least that I am aware of.

Here is a little twist to Mix Tape Monday...if you are the first person to tell me who played Wil Wheaton's older brother (actor name) in the movie, you will be put in this week's drawing for the weekly prize!

Enjoy the mix tape!

The Chordettes - Lollipop


Ben E. King - Stand By Me


Johnny Western - The Ballad Of Paladin


Buddy Holly - Everyday

Comments

Popular Posts