Mix Tape Mondays

I found an amazing photographer in California who also does "Mix Tape Mondays", and I absolutely loved the idea. Who doesn't love a good mixed tape? Just something fun to blog about that might or might not be related to photography.

A couple days ago, a friend posted an actor in her facebook status and then followed it with movies she loved, liked and hated. If you wanted to join in the fun, all you had to do was "like" the status and then she would give you an actor's name. Of course I wanted to join in. My actor was Molly Ringwald. So this is where I got the idea for my first mix tape Monday. And the theme is...

John Hughes movies.

I have been obsessed with most movies that were filmed in the 80's. Particularly, Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink, and The Breakfast Club. What is there not to love? You get to drool over "Jake Ryan" in Sixteen Candles, wish that you could whip up your own fabulous prom dress, just to "show him he didn't break me." like Andy in Pretty in Pink and of course who could ever forget, Ally Sheedy's famous Pixy Stix and Captain Crunch sandwich in The Breakfast Club?

I own each of these movies on VHS and DVD...and of course will always stop flipping the channel on a Saturday afternoon when they are on cable. They just don't make them like they used too. :)

So here are my first songs on the mix tape...enjoy!

Thompson Twins - If You Were Here


Orchestral Maneuvers In The Dark - If You Leave


Simple Minds - Don't You Forget About Me



We found out that we are all
a brain
a athlete
a basketcase
a princess
and a criminal
does that answer your question
sincerly yours,
The Breakfast Club

Comments

Popular Posts