An interview with actor Happy Anderson by Kateri Hartman

There's more to Kate than just photography.

Once upon a time she was a professional stage manager, and met all of these cool people in the industry. As an intern for Kate, I've had the opportunity to interview people such as the makeup artist for Orange Is The New Black, an actor on Gotham, and an actress on Good Luck Charlie. Below is my interview with actor Happy Anderson.

Happy Anderson


Where did you grow up? I grew up in the Hudson Valley of New York. I lived next door to actor Aiden Quinn who used to pay me to feed his dog when I was a child. Just a few months ago, I shot an episode with him on the CBS drama, Elementary. It was very fun to have that part of my life come full circle.

What did you aspire to be as a kid? I have always wanted to be an actor.

How did you get into acting? I participated in school plays and community theater as a kid and then went to Ithaca college in Ithaca, NY to study acting. While in college, during the summer's I worked at professional theaters as a non-equity actor. After undergrad, I attended Indiana University for grad school. After college, I worked in non-equity houses and eventually was given my actors equity card and earned my SAG card for television and film work as well.

What is your career like now? I now earn a living as an actor. I can be seen on the Cinemax drama, The Knick, which just finished 2 seasons. I can also be seen on Quarry season one as a detective which is also on Cinemax. It was great to film both of these series as I was able to film in both New York and New Orleans. I am currently filming The Comedian with Robert De Niro and Leslie Mann that is set to be released in 2017.

What is it like working with people you've looked up to in the business? I've been able to work with some amazing actors like Al Pacino to name one and it can be surreal to share the stage and or a scene with them. It also confirms that I am in the right place professionally.

Does it make you nervous to work with actors that you have looked up too as you grew up?
No. For me, it get's me pumped.

How did you meet Kate? I met Kate in the summer of 1998 at a theater in Creede, Colorado and we instantly became friends. Almost 10 years after meeting we were apartment-mates for about 1 year in NYC.

Kate and Happy after a performance of Arsenic and Old Lace in June 1998.


Comments

Popular Posts